.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Posting My First Oil Painting



I painted this almost 2 years ago, but I only started posting things this month. This is my first oil painting. I call it Bellisima. I have had this image in my mind for many years of a woman who looked confident, and at peace. She's holding her hand just above her heart that show's 'all is well' in her world. I was afraid of oil paints because my Mom was naturally good at them and as I watched her paint, I didn't like seeing the process of waiting for the oil paint to dry. I wasn't certain if I would be a natural as she was, and I was right... I really had to work at them to achieve the desired effect I wanted. I still hate the hours it takes for an oil painting to completely dry!
I like the way this painting turned out, the intenseness of her eyes, the greenery in behind her. Staring at it just brings me peace for some reason. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure why, but I am consistently drawn to the eyes, the eye brows, then the hair line. Colors are great and I, too, like the greens in the background. This one could hang in my office!

voice_in_dc