.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Werthers Christmas Tree




Who doesn't love Werther's Melt-in-your-mouth caramel candies? I made this "Werther's" Christmas tree this year for a door prize at the Men's Ministry Evening I am hosting with my husband. I remember making one about ten years ago using all sorts of different colored candies. That makes a beautiful tree as well. They are really simple to make, all you need are some pins, a styrofoam cone, candies and some ribbon.
I purchased the cone at Michael's. Starting at the bottom of the cone I began pinning each candy around the cone until I got to the very top. Once finished filling the tree with candy, I went back and cut small pieces of ribbon and pinned them in various places around the tree. I used Emerald Green and Burgandy ribbon for this. On the top I used an irridescent wired ribbon to make the beautiful bow at the top of the tree by pinning each layer of the bow. This always makes a wonderful giveaway that can be shared at Christmas time.
Happy Creating everyone!

No comments: