.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Catherine's Freehand Challenge - First Card



A card challenge... believe it or not I have never taken part in a card challenge before. I know it's shocking! It never appealed to me because I didn't like the idea of confining my creativity to a particular challenge, not that I have read many challenges. There are more than likely many out there that I could possibly do but none have drawn my attention until this one!
Over at Catherine's blog she has put forth a challenge that I find rather intriguing. Making a card with any layout that uses mostly free hand doodles. I know the concept sounds rather scary... but why not give it a try. I love to doodle and therefore I went to work.
The card is rather easy to explain as I used no stamps and only my doodles including the sentiment and background. Even the layers I cut out myself. So I can't really give you the directions... LOL.
Catherine was so nice to contact me personally with her challenge after seeing my doodles - she knew I would love her challenge and she was right! I am going to set out to make a few more over the next few days. Thanks so much Catherine for thinking about me.
So hey, why not step out of your comfort zones and give it a try - you might just be surprised!
Happy Creating everyone!

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

OMG I love this challenge. I have not doodled since i was in school. It used to be my release during boring classes. I will definitely create a card using this idea.

Thanks for the inspiration!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! Great doodle card!

Kelly said...

Yay Alexandra! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Thanks for your comments Alexandra and Michelle!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! Love the doodling concept!:)