.

Monday, January 14, 2008

You Make My Heart Flutter Card



If you've been following my blog lately, you will know that I have been going through a butterfly phase. Maybe because Spring is coming??? In Calgary that doesn't happen for a few months! Anywho... I have made all sorts of different butterflies. Today's card uses one of my butterfly doodles.
The paper is from my beautiful box of Costco Scrapbook paper. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities for the scalloped cirles. I wrote the "You Make My Heart Flutter" sentiment, and for the butterfly I drew it out, put a layer of self-leveling gel and then dropped my Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Tim Holtz) ginger onto the gel right away. I let that dry, set it aside overnight and then did my second layer with gel and alcohol ink. This is my first time using these alcohol inks and I have to say that I am addicted. I love them! I have been keeping up with the Tim Holtz website and I am really loving what he is coming out with. His newest product looks fabulous - GRUNGEBOARD. Check it out on his site, you won't regret it. I don't think it comes to stores until after the big Distributor's Show in February. I can't wait for it to come as I will definitely be purchasing some, especially the alphabet grungeboard.

Happy Creating Everyone!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Beautiful card. The ribbon is gorgeous. TFS.