.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Healing Journal - Prompt 3 - WISDOM




I have had a bible since I was 11 years old. I would read it, but NEVER understand what it said. It wasn't until after I got married at the age of 24 when a friend said to me, "If you don't understand the Word, ask God to give you wisdom?" I thought, it couldn't be that easy could it? That evening I prayed that God would give me wisdom to understand what I was reading in His Word. All of sudden it was as though the Bible opened up before me and was a living story that I couldn't get enough of.

James 1:5 says this, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." 6 goes onto say, "But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

We all need wisdom, especially Godly wisdom to understand not only His Word but everything in this life.

So today's journal prompt is this... Wisdom
Think about the areas of your life where you need wisdom to understand. How can God give you that wisdom? What is wisdom? What is the difference between worldly wisdom and Godly wisdom?

The journal pages I have posted above all have to do with wisdom. They are what I drew when I was thinking about wisdom and what God showed me.

The following is a poem, something the Lord gave me alot of during the darkest periods of my life, when the words came I just would let them flow and sometimes they were great poems and other times I knew they were meant only for my healing.

ONLY IN THE LORD

Follow me, my angel says,
look and you will see.
The signs right in front of you
show you where you want to be.
Don't dwell on the fence,
that will only make you fall.
This is a mere stepping stone
that only feels like a giant wall.
The darkness is not real,
there is not darkness in the Lord.
It's fear implanted in your mind
you can fight off with His sword.
The armor of God awaits you,
put it on and you will see,
that the Lord walks right beside you
and makes the darkness never be.
Relax, my angel tells me.
Enjoy what you will learn,
for in the end it is your faith
that makes these thoughts of no concern.
You will find your peace my child,
I am watching over you.
This is only a phase of life
and I will help you walk right through.
Trust in Him who created you
for He is the only way,
He is the only one,
that makes tomorrow a new day.

Kelly L. Watts

I pray that this prompt helps you to seek the Lord for wisdom in your life. If we begin our journey with Godly wisdom we cannot go wrong. He will lead us, He will guide us and best yet is that we will be able to see things, see ourselves through His eyes.

Bless you.


Photobucket

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! and inspiring!