.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Artist's Way - My First Artist Date








My very first 'Artist Date' (From The Artist's Way - By Julia Cameron) I set out to an artsy district here in Calgary (Kensington) and was able to capture a few new images for my creative well. I was a little disappointed because the store that I used to go to which had many little trinkets and art pieces was no longer there. However I did manage to get a few images for my well and I decided to print them off and put them in a little book called "Artist Date Images". I need to get more organized and to have the beautiful things around me will help to inspire me. I did cheat on this one and went with a girlfriend. I will do much better next time and go on my own. I have been going on little walks here and there and have been drueling at all the trees with their new green additions. I LOVE this time of year, when all the leaves simply appear out of hiding all in one weekend it seems. I will walk around and simply investigate different shapes and textures of everything around me. Does anyone else do this????
Tomorrow I am starting on week 2 with 7 full days of morning pages done. I am full of creativity so far and am looking forward to what's ahead. If you have had any experience with this course please share, I would love to hear from you.
Happy Creating Everyone!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

I love your idea of creating an artist date book - future inspiration and good memories! I love the froggies, dragonflies, and button trees - great blog title art.

Laura Kay said...

You did great on your artist date! I am new to TAW, am on week 3. But I find myself going back and working more on the tasks. I am struggling but enjoying the journey.