.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Healing Art: Prompt 14 - Piecing It all Together


HEALING ART: PROMPT 14 PIECING IT ALL TOGETHER

Have you ever had a time in your life where you were living each day but you didn't know who you were? I remember going through my teen years like this. I would wake up each morning at 5:30am to get showered and ready for my day, everything on the outside would look perfectly the way I wanted it. If I curled my hair (which was most days as it was the latter 80's early 90's puffy hair phase of my life) every curl would be in place, I even checked in the mirror the back of my head to make sure. I was going for an image of perfection I'm thinking... um ya... perfect outside, controlled and focused. I knew what I wanted and how I was going to get what I wanted (Or so I thought!). I was going to graduate high school, go to college for four years, then University to become a Psychologist, then get married and have babies and live in a perfect white house picket fence and all. and... and... and... Wow I sure had things together back then! Y'no. The way things actually turned out... I hooked up with a guy in grade 11 who treated me horribly for four years, I went to College but was so depressed, bulimic and overwhelmed that I had to drop out. I realized that I didn't have things as together as I thought and that I really didn't know who Kelly was!
Later on... post-marriage, post-babies, post-nervous breakdown/postpartum depression ~ I discovered that there were many pieces in my life missing. I had so many questions and very few answers. I needed God to help me find these answers and put all the pieces back together again. Now I can honestly say that I know myself more now than I have ever known me before. God has shown me who He wants me to be and He continues to show me more everyday.

For this prompt... look back at your life... is there a time or period of your life that just doesn't add up? Do you have questions about who you are, were? Ask God to show you the answers and ask Him to help you find yourself, who He wants you to be. Journal about what God shows you. Who are you in God's eyes? Who has God made you to be? Write or draw about your personality, your jobs as a person (wife, mother, daughter, etc.,)

I pray that the Lord shows you the answers behind the mystery of you. I pray that He shows you your specific purpose and that you can see yourself through His eyes.
Bless you on your journey.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Vickie A-Morgan said...

Wow! Powerful journal page!

Kelly said...

Thanks for commenting Vickie. I hope it inspired you.

Debra Keirce said...

I don't think I'll ever figure out who I am...I am so eclectic I confuse myself! Oh well....I am having fun!

CreativeMish said...

Very nice. There are so many things that have shaped and formed us.

Kelly said...

Deb; I don't think we ever completely know ourselves, but atleast we get to have fun along the way.