.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Sketchbook Project: Danger! Danger! Page 1



I have yet to receive my moleskin journal from "The Sketchbook Project" that is due the beginning of January... so ... I decided to start on the pages myself and I will add them as tip-ins later. My theme is Danger! Danger. I have had about a month to digest my theme and I have pondered upon many ideas. This page came to me as I was watching the movie Lethal Weapon. Not that the movie had anything to do with my page, however, there was alot of violence and drugs, alcohol, murder, immorality etc., in the movie... so... maybe it had more influence than I give it credit for.
I started by simply drawing the words, "Losing Ourselves" as I thought about our world and how we as a society, as the people of this world, truly are in danger of losing ourselves. I thought about the state of our world and how dark it really is, how there is so much violence, anger, hatred, depression, pain and suffering... I realized how easy it is to lose ourselves in this world. Like I say on the page... the world has kicked God out of our schools, government, marriages, even out of our minds as it is being made clear that we are not even allowed to speak our religion to others in some places... we have created a world without protection from God because we have insisted that He not be present in this world! What a sad state of affairs our world is in! I am going to be doing more pages on this as I feel our world is in danger of many things.
Stay tuned...
Happy Creating Everyone!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice page, and thought provoking. As people, is the fear of God or the presence of God in our lives, the only way we will do good?

Timaree said...

Nice journaling spread. Personally, I think the world is filled with good things along with the bad just as it was in Jesus' day. It is up to each of us to choose to do good or emphasize the good in order to lessen the bad. God is in the world and even if people deny him, he is still there. With God there is always hope.

Kelly said...

Fadwa;
I'm not sure how to answer that question. I know that if we deny God in our lives we deny His protection and goodness in it. We can do 'good' without God I guess, but what are you doing it for? What is the purpose without God.

Kelly said...

Freebird;
I totally agree with you... there is still good in the world... I was just focusing on the dangers in the world for my theme in the "Sketchbook project". This is just one-side of the picture.

Ramona Davidson said...

Very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing it. I agree with you and Freebird. However, in Jesus day almost everyone was religious - one way or another(monotheistic or polytheistic). Today, the majority are not.

Bea said...

I too have Danger, Danger. They extended the deadline to January 4 on their website. Not, Dec 1...bea

CreativeMish said...

Great page! I can see how we can easily lose ourselves! There are so many temptations out there. Satan makes them look so glamorous and wonderful... We just have to keep praying and stay close to God.. He never said it would be easy... Just worth it!