.

Friday, August 13, 2010

New Alphabet and Other Exploits




Things have been slow in the afternoons at work so I get to play with my markers... I worked on this new alphabet this week.
I have also been working on preparing a reference journal for a class I am going to be teaching to the youth girls at my church. I have been practicing drawing and coloring faces that show emotions because lets face it teenage girls have emotions!... so I want to make a fun little journal that they can make themselves as a way to express said emotions.
I have been drawing out faces from Rebecca's face postcards over on her Daisy Doll Gypsy Caravan site. She has used awesome texture on her faces and I want to figure out exactly how to do this so that I can show them to the girls. If you haven't seen them you should definetly check them out! You know when you find an artist whom you just love their style, well, Rebecca is one of them! I have drawn faces since I could pick up a pen and paper and I was immediately attracted to her style of faces, they are exactly what I have tried to create for so many years! Now I am learning her texturing methods so that I can finally create the way I want to! Yay!
So... I'm not going to show you my work on the faces because basically I am drawing them out very similar to Rebecca's and I don't believe in sharing something that is not mine... so I hope you enjoy this new alphabet!

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Creating! Thanks Rebecca for your inspiration!





Photobucket

16 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

oooooh, I love your marker-play letters! Best wishes to you on your project with teen girls, great idea. I am going to try art journaling with my new second graders this year, I think! I am planning...

Rebecca Anthony said...

These letters are beautiful!! I love the white around them!! You are so talented!

Red Cat Cards said...

Agreed !! I love Rebecca's creativity and everything she creates ! I've been neglecting my art journal for a while.. hmm.. maybe I should pick it up again.. your alphabets makes me want to =)

Janet Ghio said...

kelly-Rebeccas art is amazing-I'm so glad I found her-thanks to you. How wonderful that you will be doing journaling with the girls as your church. you will be a wonderful, caring teacher I am sure.

Unknown said...

i also love rebecca's blog

apinkdreamer said...

i love your alphabets!!!! fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I love it. It's reallly pretty! I can see that you got the idea from Rebecca Anthony. She is my my and we love comeing to your blog! I love your blog and hope you will like mine!!!

Diane said...

I love how we can connect and help each other with our art. I'm also in awe of Rebecca and her art--Your students will benefit greatly from your journal class!!

CreativeMish said...

Another great Alpha... Faces are the hardest to master..

Jeanne Nelson said...

Awesome Alphabet, Kelly! I, too, am very inspired by Rebecca and her unique style, ;). I'm go glad I found her through the blog hop. Wishing you a beautifully filled, peaceful weekend!

Victoria said...

So beautiful....super lovely!

Nancy said...

I think it's wonderful that you are sharing your artistic talents with the teenage girls at your church....Teaching them to journal at a young age will be a valuable asset to them as they mature...../=

I love all the alphabets that you are creating....

Hugs

Julia Christie said...

Hi Kelly,

I love these letters! What a great idea - I was just thinking today about creating my own alphabet after having seen what rebecca has done. You did a great job here!

Smiles

Teri Leigh said...

I love your letters and also your idea for journaling with teen girls. I have thought about something similar myself. Keep up posted on how it goes.

WrightStuff said...

I'm very jealous of your ability with lettering. You saw today on my blog that I signed up for that course on Get it Scrapped, so hoping to be making lettering as nice as this soon :)

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Your letters are great Kelly
I just love your enthusiasm and creativity. What sort of paper do you use for these?
Lee:)