.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wisdom, Heavenly vs. Worldly



I have attempted to capture what the Lord has placed upon my heart in regards to Heavenly vs. Worldly wisdom many times. In the beginning few chapters of Proverbs Wisdom is seen as a woman, and she is compared to the Adulteress in these chapters as well.

I see Wisdom from a Heavenly perspective as a woman peacefully natured, calm and pleasing to the eye, nothing harsh but beckoning with pure love and consideration of others. Like God looking down on us, Wisdom is calling out to us only desiring to fill us with Heavenly knowledge and understanding to direct our path in life to eternal life with the Father.

I see wisdom from a Worldly perspective as a woman adulteress with harsh, bold lines. From a worldly perspective she is pleasing to the eye, beauty outside but inside is death... void. She beckons out of greed, desire, and temporary pleasures much like the ways of our world. The World fills us with worldly knowledge to live this 'temporary' life but lacks directing us to eternity and instead leads the way to Death.


Wisdom (Heavenly) "She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed" Proverbs 3:18

The Adulteress (Worldly) "For her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead. None who go to her return or attain the paths of life." Proverbs 2:18-19

In the past I have gone about capturing one thing about Wisdom at a time, but I was unable to truly capture the vision fully. I am thinking I need to do a series of paintings dedicated to this topic to examine it completely.

This is what I have so far.

I hope all of you are enjoying your December so far.
I have been considering what my WORD for 2011 will be. Last year it was BREAKTHROUGH and I am leaning heavily towards HEALING as my word for 2011. I could really use it.

Much love, hugs and blessings coming your way.

Happy Creating Everyone!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Kelly, What a wonderful piece of Scripture to explore and I really appreciate what you did with it....Your picture illustrates the two natures perfectly......
I'd love to see what you do with a series.......

Anonymous said...

I think it is wonderful to see spiritual reflections taking place in art! this is a great piece..and a nice thought to explore! I do this a lot with the Fruits of the Spirit...Love Joy Peace Longsuffering Kindness Goodness Faith Mildness and Self Control....

thanks for sharing!
ciao bella
Creative CArmelinA

E Makes Art said...

Wow, Kelly this is wonderful! I think you should do a series. And I think "healing" is the perfect word for many of us!

Hope you have a wonderful, healing weekend ; )
Esther

Unknown said...

i like to folow you art journal

Martha Lever said...

I really like what you did with this girl--the heavenly and the worldly. It is very powerful and you did a great job at capturing the faces.

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Oh, Kelly - you captured this sentiment beautifully! You cerainly didn't need any help with this. I hope you'll take this as a lesson to trust your intincts and continue to let the Spirit guide you in your artistic endeavors. Much love to you. :o)

Kelly said...

Donna has left a new comment on your post "Wisdom, Heavenly vs. Worldly":

Hi Kelly! I really enjoyed this post on Wisdom..and your perspective on it. I was just studying Psalms 1 and thinking of how we ought not to 'walk in the counsel of the ungodly'. That really boils down to 'worldy wisdom'..and so often, we just accept it without thinking about it, which is really destructive for us.

Great things to ponder...

PS. Love your paper dolls! Btw, I just wrote my first prose poem in years..about fall. I thought of you Sunday when I posted it, but there wasn't time for me to drop by then. :O)