.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fearfully and Wonderfully



I hope you are all having as wonderful of summer as we are here in Calgary, Alberta. It has been beautiful, sunny and hot with the occasional thunder/rainstorm now and again. We spent all Saturday at a lake not too far away as my boys experienced Banana Boating (basically a banana-shaped inflatable device towed behind a boat) and Chariot racing (which is basically the same thing but the kids kneel and hold on for dear life!) It was an awesome experience for them and for us as we were able to spend time with the youth group and some parents.

Today I am having a very quiet day and was able to get out some watercolor crayons and watercolor pencil crayons for this piece I call "Fearfully and Wonderfully".

Here's to a good night sleep and fabulous new week to everyone in blogland.
Hugs and many blessings.


Photobucket

11 comments:

ArtfulLee Designed said...

lovely page Kelly
Lee:)

Nancy said...

I really like this painting....We are wonderfully and fearfully made by a God that loves us beyond measure....

Have a great week....

karenshopes said...

Your quiet day with your pencils and watercolours, sounds like heaven to me, hope you enjoy it.
Karen x

Unknown said...

very nice, actually i have no time for art

Diane said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer in every aspect--your journal pages are always a joy.

CreativeMish said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I love your drawing. such pretty eyes

Unknown said...

She is so pretty. I like the color you chose for her eyes.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous! Look at these pretty eyes. :)

Terri Morse said...

This is such a beautiful page. You have a real gift and your own style. It has been a wonderful summer-more wonderful than I could have ever expected. We just returned from a camping trip in Maine. It's been fifteen years since we've been there, and what a joy it was to drink in all of it's beauty. I took about 2000 pictures! Thank God for digital cameras :) I had to smile when you described Chariot racing. I've seen it many times at one of the lakes we go kayaking at. I didn't know that's what it was called! It sure looks like fun. I'm so glad you're enjoying your summer. I think I'll be sad to see this one end! Hugs, Terri

Suz said...

Beautiful page, Kelly. I love that verse!
Hugs,
Suz

E Makes Art said...

Oh my goodness!! This totally brought back memories of my friends and I being towed behind the boat on a giant banana... we had a blast! Wow... that was a LONG time ago! Thanks for sparking that fun memory!

xoE