.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Thinking In The New Year


Wow, I am really loving the new editing format for blogger that I just installed last week... things are so much less frustrating than they were before!

Anyway...

So far in the year of 2012... this is my first page of the New Year and I put a lot of thought into it.  I finally used my adhesive faux flock border that I purchased from Walmart a couple months ago ~ do not you just LOVE the look of it?  I discovered, however, that there is only enough border for one page so that's almost $4.00 spent on one page (not including the paint...)  but it's so darn pretty so I feel it is worth the splurge every now and then.

I do not want to do your 'typical' New Years Resolutions that everyone and their dog does every year... to be honest I started out this page in just such a fashion... eat better, be less of a perfectionist, lose weight... blah, blah, blah.  It felt very false to me.

Then Milliande (over at Milliande Art Community) began this new project called Seeds... she did this page called "Be The Seed" and it really got me thinking about being the seed of life in the world, the seed of love, joy, peace, patience, light... all those good things.  I love the concept of a new beginning, the seed bringing new life ~ doesn't that concept just burst forth a visionary feast?  On my journal page I used Milliande's idea of BE with the seed on it in two places.  Her image captured my heart and I knew that I needed to draw the same image (this lady is amazingly talented and full of beautiful ideas and has a HUGE heart, I highly recommend checking out this community for inspiration!

I was not liking this page after I wrote on it in my own handwriting... it wasn't flowing nicely, so I went crazy with letter stamps and stamped out my main message which was God (first and foremost), Love (which I want to exude) and Time (which I want to use to the utmost).  Then I added a few vines to join all the words in a fashion, making it flow together more freely.

To stay with my effervescent word of the year I added just a touch of shimmer mist, which I will be adding to every page I produce this year!!!!  "SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE HAVING FUN" right?

I hope your first week of 2012 has been a wonderful, joyous filled one.

Hugs and many blessings




Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

happy new year to you, love your page

Unknown said...

What a beautiful page!
Millande is very ispiring indeed.
Happy New Year!

CreativeMish said...

Very nice. What a pretty page and I love how you are focusing this year..

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Beautiful message and art! I do love your colors and that border, and how you wrote a tiny message along the dark "ribbon". Best. To you in this new year of beginnings, Kathy

Joanna said...

I think these gorgeous NEW Year pages DESERVED to have that pretty flock border - if you didn't use it here when would you, eh?!

I really like the thinking behind these pages, and wish you the strength you need to achieve your targets for 2012.

x

Robin said...

Wow..that word is totally perfection...its light and bubbly and full of change...(ps i may have used it if you didnt..) really love it..just saying it makes you feel good...also Kelly I love your post after this one as well..The pages are really great..I feel so away from journaling right now..I am delving into other things but constantly wish to be journaling...but its just not there right now..?? dont know why, am just going with the flow...we are just "shiny happy people having fun"..I love that song too..!