.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finding Joy


What does it mean to find Joy?   Is joy lost that we should need to find it?  Actually, I believe it is!  The way of our fast-paced highly technological busy world makes it rather a difficult process to experience true joy.  I believe we have moments of joy that we grab here and there while we are living our busy lives but are those moments TRUE JOY?  or are they just little bits of happiness on the go?  When was the last time you took time out of your day to go off in search of finding some real "JOY" for your day? 
I have been very guilty of closing my eyes to the joys around me because I have busied myself with too many other things I think needed to have my attention. 
It helps not working now... for I can see the light that always surrounded me.
God is with us always, He is everywhere all the time and He has such Joy waiting for us to grasp!  We need only ask; we need only open our eyes.
Today the sun is shining brightly and I could hear the birds singing outside my window, a rabbit happily bounced up and down making me giggle.  Then he tried to force her body through an opening in our fence and I literally laughed out loud when she didn't fit and had such a chagrined look upon her cute bunny face.  I believe she was full of babies and that is why she didn't fit through the opening.
What an amazing JOY it is to think of Spring and to think of new life happening around the world, this very moment, every moment really.  God is constantly creating new life all around us.
I found my JOY for the day by just opening up my senses and being aware that God is with me.
I encourage you to take this on yourself... seek and you will find!

Hugs and blessings everyone!



Photobucket

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I just love this piece!

Connie said...

Oh what a lovely post. I believe that we can find joy all around us, if we just slow down and open our eyes. The biggest joy, I believe comes from believing, no let me change that, KNOWING that our dear Lord loves us and is ever so present in our daily walk. A Helper, a Friend, a Savior . . . that's true joy. Have a joy-filled day, Connie

CreativeMish said...

What an uplifting post! We all need to find more joy in our lives. :)

Terri Morse said...

Amen, Kelly! Your artwork is beautiful and it really conveys that sense of deep-down joy!

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Beautiful, Kelly. Your work is truly inspired.