.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

His Eye Is On The Sparrow


Last weekend I listened to a lovely friend of mine give her testimony at a ladies breakfast.  Her testimony led me to draw this piece.  I thought of the song that she mentioned "His Eye is on the Sparrow" (I think it's called) and meditated on the images that came to my mind.

 I drew a birds nest on the top of her head and a sparrow just hanging out on the side of the nest.  I did this because I wanted to relate to the sparrow in this song, that God's eye is on the sparrow and "WE" are that sparrow; meaning, He takes care of each and every one of us, all of His creations. 

That song is a wonderful reminder of how we do not need to worry or be afraid, that God never leaves us nor forsakes us but actually 'WATCHES' over us.

May you all be very blessed this weekend.  Hugs to you all.



Photobucket

4 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Wow Kelly! This is beautiful! Happy Mother's Day...

Make It Happen Mama said...

I love this hymn! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkUoxCGPWrw&feature=related is my favorite version - Kathleen Battle's lovely, clear soprano sounds very "bird-like" to me :-)

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Hi Kelly! :) Nice to see you back and creating. :) Wonderful portrait and a powerful message behind it.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Seems we share much.... this was a song that brought me through a rough time when I was in my teens. It always has a special place in my heart and memory!