.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Cover of My "Girlie-Girl" Coloring Doodle Book

As I previously told you, I am preparing stuff for an art/craft fair at the end of November.  This is the cover to my new "Girlie-Girl" Coloring and Doodle book.  I had so much fun drawing this gal with her bright eyes, flowers in her hair and her flower top.  I especially love the Washi Tape border that I picked up at my local Scrapbookers store.  I am not really a scrapbooker anymore but I love some of the supplies and tools that are used for the scrapbooking process. 
Yesterday, at my local Michael's Store, I found the niftiest tool by Epiphany Crafts called a Shape Studio Tool.
 
 
You use this tool with these bubble caps
 
 
It's a little blurry, but I think you can see that I have shrunk down my art and have used this tool to adhere them to the bubble caps, and the tool also cuts the picture perfectly.  The middle one I have placed the bubble cap into a charm holder for a necklace (which I will be doing for all my images).
 
 
It has helped me to expand into a new way of using my art and I always love finding new ways to use my art!
 
For all you Canadian's out there, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
 
Hugs and blessings for your week.
Photobucket

7 comments:

laurie said...

yay for girl power! and i can see so many possibilities for that bubble cap tool and your gorgeous art.

Netty said...

wow so many lovely projects to look at, loving them all. Annette x

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

I really like your "Girlie-Girl" Coloring and Doodle book cover. I love the bubble cap charms too - what a cool necklace!

Stephanie said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog, leaving a sweet comment AND becoming a follower :) I love this picture - the eyes look stunning! You did a beautiful job.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Sandra Kaye said...

Very cool!! You are doing a very good job!! Have fun at your fairs!! Hugs

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

What a lovely and beautiful project you have made\ Kelly. I love it. Also your Girlie-girl. This is so awesome, love it so much. Her eyes abd expression, beautiful.
Lovely greet
Marja
(marjascreativity)

CreativeMish said...

Very cool! I saw these advertised on HSN or QVC once and wondered how well they worked. Love them!